Maserati Manual MK1
The following servicing instructions must be carefully followed particularly when removing units from the vehicle and fitting replacements.
Metering Distributor / Control Unit
1. If the exterior of the unit is dirty, clean it before unscrewing any pipe connections
2. As pipe connections are unscrewed immediately fit
blanking caps or plugs both to the pipe and the unit inlet to
prevent entry of dirt. Similarly, ensure that
3. When refitting a metering distributor / control unit to
an engine, ensure
that the flange faces of the distributor and the engine timing case are clean
4. Ensure that all solid pipes
are correctly formed to shape and lie correctly in the plane of the clamps
before these are tightened. The clamps are provided
Check that all pipe unions are undamaged before connecting them to the unit
and tighten the unions to the following torque figures:-
6. After fitting a replacement unit, remove the protective tape from air filter and extra orifices.
7. Before initially running a
new or replacement unit fill the oil pump cam box on the metering distributor with
clean engine oil. Access to the cam box is obtained
9. If any O-rings are
removed during examination of the banjo connections, new rings must be fitted.
It is essential to use only the correct recommended