Maserati Manual MK1
11. All electrical connections in the pump circuit must be kept
clean and tight, particularly the snap connectors at the pump. Never
12. The BLACK cable the pump is the POSITIVE connection, irrespective of whether the electrical system is of positive or negative earth polarity .
13. If the pump is mounted below the level of the fuel, the fuel tank
must be drained before any pipes are disconnected from the pump. This applies
14. Unless there is adequate space for working and inspection, the pump
should be removed from the vehicle when renewal of the filter element becomes
Maintain the unit with the motor uppermost until
the filter bowl has been completely drained of fuel. This will prevent sediment
from the filter bowl
When replacing the filter ensure that the upper
end of the element, complete with its "O" ring, is centralized in the pump inlet
chamfer before inserting
When a filter element is removed, and the same element
is refitted, a new top "0"- ring must be fitted as the original will have
swollen due to prolonged
Ensure that the rubber sealing washer on the rim of the filter bowl is undamaged.
N.B. Use a Lucas "O" ring part number 54731428.
l5. Take precautions against entry of dirt by fitting blanking caps to injector and pipe when an injector is removed from the engine.
16. New nozzles are protected by dust caps on both ends. Ensure that these caps remain in position until immediately before use.
17. The precautions given in 4 and 5 regarding the forming of pipes and tightness of unions must be followed.
18. See that the "O" ring on the heat insulating block is in good condition.
19. Tighten the screws or nuts firmly to secure the heat
insulating block to the manifold, but do not apply excessive force, or the